Well I made it through my 4 days in DC. It was definitely a good experience. For those of you who don't know, I went to DC for a work conference. I was there Monday - Thursday. I would love to go back with Scott for like a week. You need at least that to see a lot more than I was able to see. I was able to see the big fancy Cathedral, Arlington Cemetery, The Washington Monument, The Capital, Lincoln Memorial, and the Zoo. We took a night tour and it was a lot of fun I just wish that we could've gotten out at more places. DC is so different from Utah, it's crazy. It's humid, muggy, fast, everyone wears suits and carries their dry cleaning around, it's great.
My favorite part is probably when we were heading over to the Ronald Raegan Building to go to the food court and we got caught in a huge rain storm. Some of us had gotten ponchos but of course the minute I put mine on it slit open so I got soaked. We were in the storm for about 15 minutes. We were all soaking wet but it was so funny.
Arling Cemetery was another awesome place. I just could not believe how many people are buried there. The cemetery goes on forever. It really put into perspective how many men and women have given and continue to give their lives to this country. There was one grave where the man had been to the Vietnam, Korean, and WW2. That one took me by surprise. Can you imagine being in 3 wars? I just am so grateful to live in this country.
Hope you enjoy my pictures! It was so awesome. I am so grateful I got to go there and see our nations capital. It truly is such a beautiful place. I had so much fun with my fellow co-workers. These were people who I didn't know very well but we had a blast. We laughed so much and now have a ton of inside jokes. Good times! I hope anyone looking at these pictures FULLY enjoys them because man oh man did I have the hardest time with my camera. My Dad gave me some big fancy smanchy camera but every time I took a picture it came out blurry. I"m pretty sure I spent half the trip complaining about my camera. If you don't believe me just ask my peeps.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment